Today marks the start of NaNoWriMo and 30 days of writing as hard as possible in order to say, “I wrote 50,000 words this year (in just 30 days)”.
My ideas so far include:
- A dramatisation of the first story arc of a Pathfinder game I was GM for. There will be lots of wizards. Also ale.
- A story about an illegal AI that saves the people of earth through learning what it means to be a good friend (it is better than it sounds).
- Starting with a blank page and just rambling until a story emerges.
- Not doing NaNoWriMo in favour of getting some other stuff finished.
- Crying quietly about how I used to have more ideas.
I guess we will find out if I actually come up with anything. Maybe, what I will do is just hash it out and share it in full raw and first draft crappiness. Maybe not. I just don’t know.
I guess I could get meta and write a story about a PHP developer and gaming geek trying to write stories and getting interrupted by friends, blogging, and random crap. I’m not really into autobiographies so…
May I’ll just do some alternative universe Doc and Jack thing because reasons…
I know, unless I have a good idea between now and when this publishes, your comments will guide me.
Over to you (or not).